Service Automation – Kaseya
IT Lab uses Kaseya – the multi award winning managed services platform – as the versatile core of our support services. Kaseya enables us to access, monitor, manage, upgrade, secure and fix workstations, servers and network devices remotely – and often automatically.
Kaseya is deployed on over one million machines in more than 25 countries around the world and despite being at the cutting edge, the 400 strong Kaseya team are constantly evolving the product.
- Intelligent Agent – The intelligent, lightweight and efficient Kaseya Agent Technology makes every system on your network accessible, independent of their location.
- Audit and Inventory – Perform Fast, accurate and up-to-dateAudit and Inventory of computers, servers, and mobile devices. Deployable over the LAN, WAN, and Internet.
- Desktop Migration – Automate the backup and collection of user settings with Desktop Computer Migration. Redirect them to another machine and have them working with the same settings as before.
- Desktop Policy Management – Manage the end user experience with Desktop Policy Management. From interface options to hardware config and everything in between.
- Directory Services – Automatically synch Kaseya with one or multiple Active Directories under a single dashboard, ensuring all company contact data along with systems information is up to date and readily available for IT management and remediation.
- Imaging and Deployment – Capture complete computer system images into image repositories. Manage and deploy those images to targeted machines.
- Info Center – With Info Center’s robust management reporting you have all the information you need to effectively manage and convey the status of the network infrastructure and communicate the value of your services.
- IT Delivery Kit – Hundreds of additional Scripts for automating procedures such as agent control, configuration changes, clean-up and maintenance, disk management, network testing and more.
- Mobile Device Management – Conduct all management functions of mobile devices from the same framework as desktops, laptops and servers for consistent IT systems management across the entire organization.
- Mobile Help Desk – The ultimate service desk management application for technicians and service desk managers who need access in the hallway or at home while ensuring escalation policies and incident remediation are properly followed.
- Monitoring – See our full monitoring section below.
- Patch Management – Through Kaseya’s Patch module, automatically keep servers, workstations and remote computers up-to-date with the latest important security patches and updates.
- Policy Management – Define, manage, apply and enforce IT policies across multiple groups of machines from a single Web-based dashboard, ensuring distributed machines are secure, in compliance and managed consistently across the organization.
- Remote Access – Live Connect provides a single machine interface to give you full control with minimal end user interruption. Utilize Live Remote Access and Remote Control that even works behind firewalls and NAT.
- Software Deployment – Providing the ability to completely automate the deployment and update process of software on a scheduled basis across multiple domains and remote computers.
Service Management – Autotask
Autotask is a feature rich enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution, specifically tailored to deliver a seamless IT service desk.
Based on our experience in servicing over 350 clients, Autotask’s powerful workflow based solution enables IT Lab to deliver best value and efficiencies to our clients, providing unrivalled flexibility and functionality in line with our service commitment.
- A client portal, delivering a full suite of detailed analytics and live reporting, case tracking, service and project overviews.
- Ring-fencing of designated teams of engineers on a per client basis to provide the best level of support.
- Automated escalation and skill based routing to ensure cases are assigned to the most appropriate engineer, able to deliver the speediest resolution.
- Powerful exception based management tools delivering rapid identification of issues before they escalate.
- Fully integrated knowledge base to deliver optimum case resolution and rapid best practice knowledge sharing.
IT Lab creates, processes and closes over 6,000 support cases per month. Since January this year we’ve crunched 57,253 cases.. and counting!
NetSuite is a leading business management platform, learn more about it.
Monitoring Cloud – Zabbix & Kaseya
Between them, our Zabbix & Kaseya monitoring solutions enable us to keep a close eye on systems and devices wherever they are.
Fully cloud enabled, we can even monitor instances inside public cloud platforms. Both platforms are enabled to provide scripted responses automatically fixing common problems, and both systems are fully integrated with our 24.7 helpdesk to enable rapid human intervention the moment its required.
Agentless and agent based monitoring
To get accurate performance monitoring inside a public cloud platform, or to enable admin level automated responses, it’s often necessary to deploy agent based monitoring to provide a secure and non-volatile picture. For low criticality services and non-production environments, agentless monitoring offers a quick and easy solution – we can provide for both models.
While we’ve never had cause to get even close, the Zabbix system is tested up to 100,000 devices running more than 1,000,000 checks from a cluster of as many as 1,000 monitoring servers.
Highly available server cluster
Our monitoring platform is hosted on the CloudLab CitrixXen Cloud across two Tier 3 data centres in Park Royal and Goswell Road and, with load balanced Kaseya nodes and multiple Zabbix nodes across both, will deliver complete continuity of service.
Our infrastructure is hosted across Goswell Road Level 3 and Park Royal Options IT data centres – the two centres use redundant interconnects from C4L. Below is a map of our Level 3 network and C4L network.
The Level 3 Network.
The C4L Network.